As most of you folks know, over the past year I have been working on the novel The Gory Girls, my crime thriller about two female serial killers and the poor, unfortunate men who love them. I am now in the stage of doing final edits on it and will soon be shopping it around. I know not everyone writes to music, but I enjoy doing it quite a bit so I decided to post my playlist of what I was mostly listening to when I was writing The Gory Girls.
The albums that were in constant rotation were The High End of Low by Marilyn Manson, Darkness on the Edge of Town by Bruce Springsteen, Termination Bliss & Night Electric Night by Deathstars, and Danzig’s first three albums. From these and a couple of mixes I was fortunate enough to be given (special thanks to Mandi Potzgo-Wagner and Joseph A. Gervasi), I made a playlist that should serve as your soundtrack when The Gory Girls is yours for reading.
1. Crashing High by The 69 Eyes
2. Leave a Scar by Marilyn Manson
3. Motherzone by Deathstars
4. Chasing Something in the Night by Bruce Springsteen
5. Appetite by Iris
6. Death Dies Hard by Deathstars
7. I’m Going Down by Bruce Springsteen
8. The Beyond by Fabio Frizzi
9. Blood and Tears by Danzig
10. Running to the Edge of the World by Marilyn Manson
11. Blitzkrieg by Deathstars
12. Oogum Boogum by Brenton Wood
13. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath by Black Sabbath