This was well-received last week, so I’m going to make this a weekly thing. The Friday Five, for those who weren’t here, is a list of five things in either literature or film that I’m particularly excited about that I feel like all of you should also be excited about. Here goes…
1. Tonight at the Ritz Bourse, they are screening the controversial Spanish horror film IN A GLASS CAGE (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090197/), and I’m going to see it! Any of you from the area and have nothing to do tonight should follow suit.
2. John Skipp’s 3D zombie bizarro musical (with puppets!) ROSE has 5 days left on Kickstarter. Help it shamble its way into cineplexes everywhere by contributing to the cause: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1676362079/john-skipps-rose-the-bizarro-zombie-musical
3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2… is there anyone out there who ISN’T psyched to see this? If you say you aren’t, I probably won’t believe you.
4. One of my favorite authors, Brian Keene, just re-released his long out of print novella SHADES (co-written with Geoff Cooper) on Nook and Kindle, and KILL WHITEY through the great folks over at Deadite Press. Go to http://www.briankeene.com for more info.
5. On Tuesday, I gave followers a peak at the cover of GOBLINS, a short story that will be released as a one-off this Fall. Synopsis: Connor and his sister Christine head to the town of Yester Castle, TN in search of Christine’s wayward husband. Instead, they find a town overrun by murderous goblins and become engaged in a grueling fight for their survival.